Since its incorporation in 1914, the Village of Worth has remained a place of beauty and serenity. Settlers first arrived in 1858 and named the area after General William J. Worth who won fame in both the War of 1812 and the U.S. War with Mexico.
The tree lined streets of the village give it a friendly nature. Whether raising a family or enjoying a well deserved retirement, the Village of Worth truly offers something for everyone. The village is encompassed by 2 townships in Cook County. Palos Township, for residents west of Harlem Avenue and Worth Township for those living east of Harlem Avenue.