Fire History

History
The Worth Fire Department had its beginnings as a volunteer Fire Department in 1925. William Little was Worth's 1st Fire Chief. The 1st building housing the Worth Fire Department was a carriage house. It stood on the southeast corner of 111th Street and Depot.

In 1950, the Fire Department was moved across the street into what is now, the Police Department. The building originally also housed the Village Hall, Library and Police Department. The building was renovated and added upon in 1995.
Turned Over
The Worth Fire Department ceased operations at midnight New Years Eve 2008, turning village fire protection over to the North Palos Fire Protection District. The North Palos Fire Protection District absorbed the Worth Fire Department station, equipment, and personnel. All 3 North Palos fire stations now serve and protect the Village of Worth, as well as Palos Hills and the district in its entirety.

History Slideshow

CivicSend Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. 14
  15. 15
  16. 16
  17. 17
  18. 18
  19. 19
  20. 20